Saturday, August 25, 2007

Be cool… not being afraid to look uncool

A post, revisited...

Be cool… not being afraid to look uncool.

Pict_2

Breaking all the rules…

Blasphemy…

Delinquency…

Indifference…

Unfeeling…

Guilty!

I had fun being and doing these things thinking that they were smashingly COOL…

Liandylanma2Now that I am a mother… I often wonder what my monster toddlers would be like when they grow up…

Contemplating this could be disturbing and most times, horrifying… chewing over all that I have been through.

I would never want them to be iniquitous and corrupt… and worse to be misled by an illusion that to be evil is to be cool.

Reflections prompted the realization that the closest to perfect definition of being COOL is not being afraid to look uncool.

Being a young mom, people see me in different lights. Most are judgmental.

No woman is too young to be a mother unless her rendition of motherhood is just “bearing a child”.

Motherhood made me do things my younger self would never have done or even imagined… for fear that I’d look bad.

I attended school with a swelling tummy. Armed with determination, an ambition, and extra large unseasoned outfits. The stares and whispers have not gotten the best of me.

I have sold ukay2, fruits… I even gathered and traded newspapers, bote and garapa for money.

I have not yet fulfilled any ambition…

I am far from being rich…

At this point, I have earned a degree, CS eligibility, a job...

Lianma Dmabjd

Not bad for a mother of 2 at 23…

Now that’s COOL…

***Don’t let what other people think or say get in your way of living your life. They won’t do any good…

Listen…

Ponder on wise advices, disregard trash.

Let your heart and mind harmonize.

Do not hate…

Forgive…

To prosper be free…

Be COOL…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment