Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Conflicts...

I have had the chance to listen to some very nice thoughts, and I would like to share them to those interested. It really pays to have to ponder on wise words from people who have been molded by experiences to become the best person that they are now.

Being good... Such a simple phrase but not as simple to make a reality out of. If no action is taken, it just remains... a simple phrase. Just like saying sorry, most people cringe at the thought of doing so, specially towards a person that you despise. As said in the Bible,

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

The reason that we find this verse quite impossible is because we regard 'love' as a feeling. It would definitely be hard if not impossible to love the person who has bullied you throughout high school as you love your best buddy. But if you consider that love is charity and read this:

(1 Corinthians 13:4) Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,(1 Corinthians 13:5) Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;(1 Corinthians 13:6 KJV) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;(1 Corinthians 13:7 KJV) Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

You'd realize that 'love' was referred to as a behavior, not a feeling.

In any conflict, it takes two to tango. One may have less or more doing to fuel the fire but the truth is, it was both party’s fault.

If you have been offended, do not just go to one corner and let your emotions simmer. It would do you no good. Go have an appointment with the person concerned and air your sentiments without being rude and pointing fingers. This could bring light to the situation, giving the other person the chance to explain and you'd even be happy to know that the action was not intentional.

After a confrontation, be nicer. Saying hi, or smiling at first may seem stiff but in the long run, you'd feel so much better to be doing so.

And the best way for reconciliation is engaging into a prayer.

I am glad to even have had the chance to confer these thoughts with my hubby... and a chance for us to grow together.

The discussion really had my full attention for the reason that it was just recently that I was able to step over my pride and be genuinely nice to people who don't like me. Reading from my previous post, you'd be able to get a vague grip on how life was for me. It took quite a long time for me to forgive those who had been cruel and it really was not easy to gradually bury the bad memories. I had been very proud and it took me some time to realize that it was my downfall. I have lived so long a time feeling miserable because of these people and memories. And now I am very pleased of how I have turned out to be. Though still a social illiterate, I now could face everybody with a dignified and genuine smile not just on my face but in my heart as well.

People should give themselves some time to be a spectator from the outside looking in. For just one moment, do not deceive yourself. See what you really are. Denial is just the first symptom that you have a problem. Be brave and faithful... and with time, you'd be able to tame your own monsters.

Have a happy life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment