Sunday, September 9, 2007

Safe Sex and Contraception...

There was this quote that I read somewhere, late last year, which goes like... 'Life is short. You can't commit every mistake there is in a lifetime. So learn from other's mistakes.' It was not really worded like this but this would be the best way that I could phrase it.

Because of motherhood, I have become a better person. But it doesn't have to be like that for every woman nor person. Discernment does not have to follow enduring a hard life.

Through experience, I have realized that wise are those who learn from their mistakes. But wiser are those who learn from other people's mistakes and listen to advise from someone who had been that and been there. You do not have to encounter similar events to know what the consequences would be. Learning things, first hand, the hard way are for those who leap before they think. I was impulsive, and you've seen what it cost me, why want the same fate?

I am not promoting premarital sex. But no matter how elusive we become when talking about this, the truth is, IT HAPPENS. And if you think you are old enough to be engaging in this act. You should also be mature enough to protect yourselves. Specially the girls. I don't think I would need to elaborate on why.

Women should not make getting pregnant a hobby. It is NOT OK. There are a lot of health risks that are involved.

Yes, almost every man has a hard time making his brain function when his organ is in swell but that's how men are. One of your role as a woman is to think for the family, specially the children.

I have nothing against the Bible. But I do not believe that contraception violates God's command to "Go forth and multiply..." That was intended for the people who have lived at that age. And I don't think that God wants us to be irresponsible, bearing all the children that our bodies could afford and not being able to feed, dress, shelter nor be a good parent to them.

We were blessed with common sense. And as an old adage says, our brains are positioned on top of all our organs, so give things a lot of thought.

If you think that now is not the right time to get pregnant then you should consider contraception.

Love yourself WOMAN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment