Friday, February 8, 2008

EMOte...

The Emo era started from a genre of stylistic merge of hardcore, punk rock and a bit of indie music depicting deep thoughts and emotions and evolved widely into fashion and eventually has become a lifestyle.

Just within the recent years, this "style", as some would like to put it, has been popularized world wide by Punk Rock bands brandishing rebellion, misery, hurt and death.

Thinking back, if this trend ever came up in my High School days, I would have been one those "diggin'" it.

Well, I still think the hair, the fashion and even the the music is cool... being the oddity that I am. I specially like the girly-punk fashion, the bangs, and THE eyeliner. But the message that it transmits specially to the gullible beings that abound this age-old planet is really unremarkable.

The attitude that some people associate to the term EMO has become, for me.. stupid.

Slashing wrists and all that self torturous things...

Tsk... tsk... pathetic.

Sure, you've had you're bouts with life. I, too, have craved for death many times to consume me and not bring me back into the world that has brought me pain. But when one creates a lifestyle out of self-inflicted pain, that, I think is pathetic.

EMO is really not that bad.

It just depends on how one sees it... enjoys it... lives it?

So...

What does EMO mean to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment