I’ve always been a fan of unbelievable facts as well as true murder stories… the later being that it amazes me how criminal minds work and how the crime busters are able to uncover the details.
When I get bored while online, you’ll either find me browsing and reading through crime stories, biographies of famous murderers, or looking up facts which would have seemed impossible but true.
Here are several which I have just known while researching and writing this post:
* Only 12 letters make up the Hawaiian alphabet.
* There are words that contain all the vowels in their standard order (a,e,i,o,u) and these are: facetious and abstemious.
* Among the English words, ‘set’ has the most definitions.
* Uncopyrightable is the only 15 letter word that is spelled without repeating any of its letters.
* Twyndyllyngs (meaning twins) is the longest English word not containing a vowel.
* Typewriter is the longest word that can be made only using one row on the keyboard.
* The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they start with.
* A flamingo cannot eat without having its head positioned upside down.
* Pigs are physically not able to look up at the sky.
* A pound if spider web, when stretched out continuously can circle the entire globe.
* Of all the animals on earth the mosquito has contributed to the deaths of more people than any other animal.
* An octopus has 3 hearts.
* A polar bear’s hair is not actually white but transparent. They appear white as light is reflected.
* A blue whale’s blood vessel is broad enough to have a person swim through it.
People and History:
* Albert Einstein, the famous scientist, never wore socks.
* Leonardo da Vinci suffered from dyslexia or a language-learning disability and often writes backwards.
* The infamous Nazi leader Adolf Hitler had only one testicle.
* One way of knocking the earth off of its own axis is having every person in China jump off from a chair at the same time.
* In the courts of the Roman Empire, instead of swearing an oath on a bible, men swore to the truth on their statements while holding their genitals. Hence the word 'testify', from 'testicles'.
* If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
* Before the invention of matches, the lighter was already invented.
* A rain-drop is actually not tear-shaped but rather resembles a hamburger bun, as discovered by powerful cameras used by scientists.
* Astronauts are taller when out in space.
* The first ever registered domain name was Symbolics.com
* The most expensive domain name for a price of $7.5 million is Business.com
Well there are still a lot more, but I’ll end here. An idea just came up. I’ll be setting up a blog with all things unbelievable and I’d probably title it “How Bizarre”..