Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Movie Rotation and K800i File Retrieval

The title tells what I have learned today. :)

A graduate of Information Technology, I readily tell people that I am not much of a techie. PC troubleshooting, programming and even web development... I do not have much say. Ironic, yes. But I am a proud fast-learner and I usually find my way through issues. :)

Today, I was uploading videos I got through my k800i to youtube and noticed one video askew. The scenes where in horizontal. So I got to work and did research, the first page I landed on was PapaJohn's Newsletter #71, which involved the use of VirtualDub 1.6.0. Trying out the software with the Movie Maker on, I had a hard time figuring out how to "apply rotate2 filer". Got back to researching, and found my way to the official site of Microsoft Windows Media. And I got my answer and it only required using the Movie Maker. :)

1. Import video file.

2. Once diplayed, drag and drop it into the timeline.

3. From the menu, choose Video Effects. Scroll down from the Video Effects options and choose Rotate 90 to the make the horizontal scenes turn vertical and Rotate 270 to twist to the left. Again drag and drop the Rotate 90 or 270 Video Effect onto the timeline (where the movie is).

4. Then Save Movie File.

And here's the uprighted video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjAuaWtWKwY

:D

Then while I was working further with the downloads, I discovered I am missing one video and this was the one with my daughter singing the Greatest Love of All with the rest of the pupils comprising the Graduation- Commencement Exercises.

Sucked big time.

Got me researching again and from Scour results, I have found many posts with issues like mine. A good number of people have already posted concerns about retrieving accidentally deleted k800i data. But most issues raised were dead ends, with nobody with the know to lead them to the right answer.

Further down from the top results, I found EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional 4.3.6

I tried out the free version and walla... there goes my video file on the screen. Clicking Next button prompted a message telling me to buy the full version which costs $89.95. Bull!
I can't afford it. And even if I had that much in my PayPal account, that's too much to pay!

Well, at least I found myself the solution and hopefully others who can afford could use this info. :)

There are also other data retrieval software available which does not cost much, you can also try them out provided that you have your k800i phones connected to your PC and is in File Transfer mode. Just retrieve files on the partition of the disk.

:D Will still be searching for a software which hopefully I could get for free. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment