Thursday, March 11, 2010

Home is Where the Heart Is

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.
~George Moore

Time and again, I find myself longing to pursue all things I have wanted... all things I have long since dreamed for. But when I stop to think about how much their achievements bring me such pride and joy, I quietly smile and tell myself everything's more than worth it.

It's exam week for Lian. We worked much harder today than we did yesterday. Math is her weakness, the rest are ok as long as she does not get careless (like I always was). Dylan's was a week ago and I already have my proof of excellence with scores shouting "You're a Winner Mom!" hahaha ;)

I'm sure the commencement would be another proud-momma event for me. :D

Having finished off an article, I had the urge to look through profiles...

Then somewhere along somebody's album-not sure what got me thinking but my hyper-active mind brought "success" to my attention. I remembered what I thought about a supposedly
inspiring article I have just edited about success being all about happiness and not how huge your net worth is. Hmmm... while reading, I thought the author was just defensive - maybe he was frustrated and sometimes it's easier to crack philosophical whatsis to make up for the failures. Well, I do so a lot. And when the frustration reaches neck high, that'll be the time you'll hear some guru out of me. Ask my friends, I'm a natural pilosopo. Hehehe.

Kidding aside, I do get deep and philosophical at times like these.


I have had plans. Well we all should do. But somehow, somewhere, the trip went bad. These past few months have been the most financially challenging days of my married life. :) So plans changed... again.

But I have faith that my time will come. For now, I've got to make the most of what I have. I have a home with beautiful, bright kids that gets me my dose of everyday natural high - good or bad trip, i love them. So far, in my lifetime knowing how good my kids are doing is one of the best
feelings I have ever felt. It always wants to make me cry.

S
o, while everybody is out there making a name for themselves and chasing the rainbows of their dreams that they believe would complete their being. I remain at home, enduring the pains and lavishing at the joys of motherhood. At least I am whole.

Soon I will be chasing rainbows, but let me build the foundations for them first. And when that time comes when I get to pursue my dreams, I would be doing that without a worry in mind.
Their success is mine, and I know the time will come when I get to make them proud as they have made me so.

10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Rex said...
    Hello weng, nice blog. You keep it really nice. Hope you can visit my site too. http://startyoursuccessnow.blogspot.com. thanks
    Reenish said...
    Beautiful
    Anonymous said...
    Hi everyone

    The name's Dennis, though most people call me 'Freaky'. :P I'm in my "teens" and kinda lost in the world at the moment...however, I've found the hippie "culture" and discovered that it fits me very well...I'm not trying to fit into it, it just kind of fitted onto me.
    I have lots of questions, which hopefully some of the older and wiser people on this board will be able to help answer.
    Here's to hoping this board will be able to help me discover more of myself and fuel my beliefs.

    thanks, Dennis from [url=http://www.myonlinepayday.com]Personal Loans[/url] website!
    Anonymous said...
    Electricity seems to be a big deal these days. So we provide [url="http://standbygenerators.terapad.com"]power generators[/url] and various other power generation equipment for every use. Backup Generators, Portable Generators, and [url="http://standbygenerators.posterous.com"]Standby Generators[/url]. In case you are experiencing any power problems and would like to create your own electricity and gain an advantage in your daily life or business activites, please give us a holler
    Anonymous said...
    Hi I'm Rick. Anyone into excise impugn coins? If you don't know the challenge iit's like this: The lore of a confrontation is the most common way to secure that members are carrying their segment's coin. The rules of a impugn are not in any case formalized in spite of a segment, and may reshape between organizations. The question just applies to those members that obtain been delineated a dream up earn formally by their unit. This may main to some dispute when challenges are initiated between members of contrasting organizations and is not recommended. The usage of the concoct ultimatum is meant to be a beginning of esprit de corps in a component, and forcing the stimulation can prime mover a abandon effect.

    [url=http://www.challengecoinsdirect.com/2010/09/16/semper-fi-challenge-coins/]challenge coin[/url]
    Anonymous said...
    I'd say you need backlinks to bring that traffic up a notch (or a grip). I provide an xRumer service that will help your website make you rich. Give me a hollar.

    - Flash

    google xrumer
    Nikoya said...
    Very nice blog and family pics... :)
    Ben Harding said...
    Quite inspiring, Keep it up.
    Philosophical Christian said...
    It looks like you have a beautiful family and home. :)

Post a Comment